cpdforteachers.com (our site) is operated by Shootme Ltd, trading as CPD for Teachers. We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 04581625.
We are dedicated to safeguarding and preserving your privacy when visiting our site or communicating electronically with us or our other users.
We do update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly. By accessing our site you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), our nominated representative is Mr Matthew Thurling.
Information We Collect
In operating our site we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site, such as when you register a user account, update your profile information, make a course booking, participate in interactive features or subscribe to a service. The information you give to us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial information, personal description, photograph, as well as employment information such as your workplace, work title, and specialism.
- Information that you provide to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
- Information we receive from other sources, such as from other websites we operate or other services we provide, or information from third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and deliver services, advertising networks, or analytics providers).
We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site, or make use of interactive services.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the relevant settings on your internet browser. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our site.
Use of Your Information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you and/or to allow you to use the features available on our site. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- To provide you with information relating to other products or services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (e.g. the user registration form).
- To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors.
We will also use your personal data generally for the administration of our site and for internal operations, such as site improvements, the provision of interactive features, site security and analytics and advertisement monitoring.
By registering a user account and making a booking for a course and/or attending a course, you acknowledge and agree that certain profile information about you (including your name, photograph, employer, work title/description, specialism) will be accessible by other registered users who have booked and/or attended the same course.
If you link your user account with a Twitter profile, the profile information set out above will also be shown on our Tweacher directory and will be publicly accessible via our site.
You may also share personal information with others in other ways, for example by contacting them via our site. We are not responsible for the access and use of your personal information by third parties as a result of your use of our registered user accounts and interactive features.
For further information about user accounts and interactive features on our site, please see our terms of website use.
Storing Your Personal Data
Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions entered into on our site will be encrypted.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Disclosing Your Information
We may share your information with selected third parties, including business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you; advertisers and advertising networks; and credit reference agencies.
We may also disclose your personal information to any member of our group. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding company and its other subsidiaries (if any).
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party.
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
Third Party Links
You may find links to third party websites on our site. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Access To Information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access the information that we hold about you. Please note that any demand for access may be subject to payment of a fee of £10 which covers our costs in providing you with the information requested. Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you please contact us using the contact details below.