SENIOR LEADERSHIP IN A 21ST CENTURY SCHOOL (TWO-DAY COURSE) Inset
Do you want to discover the important skills and attributes of successful senior leaders?
Do you want to learn how to inspire others and deal with the difficult issues?
Do you want to identify your own personal leadership style?
This course is designed to meet the needs of both those aspiring to be a senior leader and those already in a senior position. We will examine the key ways of making other teachers become better than they thought they could be. We will discuss difficult and complex issues and provide solutions to ensure you make the most effective decisions.
- Identify your leadership style and consider how it can be used to best effect
- Explain the key components of high-impact presentations to inspire and motivate others
- Offer advice on strategic leadership and development of management skills
- Discuss issues relating to decision-making and time-management
- Consider how to develop a high-performing team
- Promote a highly-effective system of school quality control
Full Course Content
Day 1: Session 1: Key skills and attributes
What is my leadership style?
Strategic decision-making for school improvement
Using my personal qualities for sustainable leadership
Developing a high-performing team
Day 1: Session 2: Making a Difference
Visioning and communicating
Day 1: Session 3: Relationships with Other People
Engaging with difficult people
Day 2: Session 1: Make Change Happen
Strategic decision making
Day 2: Session 2: Research and Development
Using Data to inform planning
What really makes a difference in teaching and learning
Action Planning for change
Your School Development Plan
Day 2: Session 3: Monitoring and Evaluation
Effective systems for school quality control
Monitoring and evaluation of school effectiveness
Coaching - -The Triad model