Senior Leadership in a 21st Century School
This course is designed to meet the needs of those teachers aspiring to be a senior leader. Delegates will examine the key ways of inspiring other teachers to become better than they thought they could be. We will discuss difficult and complex issues and provide solutions to ensure delegates make the most effective decisions.
Teachers will consider the principles of developing a self-evaluating school and will examine techniques of quality control to maintain and improve academic standards. Individual situations will be explored and solutions provided in order to equip senior leaders with the skills necessary to deal with every scenario.
Please note that this course is for teachers who want to become a member of SMT and not for teachers who are on SMT. The content of the day is designed to help teachers secure a post on SMT.
- Superb course materials
- Refreshments and a two course lunch
This course aims to
- Identify your leadership style and consider how it can be used to best effect
- Explain the key components of high impact presentations to inspire and motivate others
- Offer advice on strategic leadership and the development of management skills
- Promote discussion on decision making and time management
- Consider how to develop a high performing team
- Promote a highly effective system of school quality control