Teaching Linear Science with flair and creativity that produces results Inset
Are you looking for teaching strategies that will work in the new linear system?
Do you want globally effective teaching techniques for science?
Do you need highly effective revision and meta-cognition techniques that work in science?
Now that modular courses are history and achieving the top grades ever more competitive, we need to use most potent teaching techniques to give students the best chance of understanding and remembering their learning. This course provides a toolkit of some of the most globally effective techniques to teach science. The ideas are low on teacher preparation time and can easily be adapted to any topic in biology, chemistry and physics.
Full Course Content
THIS COURSE AIMS TO:
- To engage with high impact strategies proven to work
- How to apply cutting edge revision and meta-cognition techniques
- Deeper understanding and a deeper understanding of science
- Practical suggestion of how to implement style
High impact strategies designed for the new science curriculum
- The power of the high impact introduction
- A toolkit of ways to introduce a topic
- Engage with Bell Work to make every second of a lesson count
- Lesson ready plenaries that really work
Whole lesson ideas to maximise progress
- Powerful lesson ideas with that wow effect
- Using exciting experiments to motivate
- Cutting edge assessment techniques
- Some great Apps that support the very latest ideas in AFL
Homework / feedback / revision
- Revision loops for memory. A superb way to create ‘on-going’ revision
- Homework ideas that accelerate progress and reduce the marking load
- Teaching friendly methods for marking and feedback that ensure students take advice onboard
- Effective ways to use video to make learning Science exciting