Bringing Flair, Passion and - Above All - Results into Primary Maths Inset
- Are you fed up of humdrum following of worksheets in your lessons? Do you feel lost under the confetti of paper around your classroom?
- Do you resent being tied to the photocopier? Are you confused by the different pages in the work books the children need? Lost by the matrix at the front of the teacher’s book? Do you want to teach with your own inspiring ideas?
- Would a host of practical teaching ideas empower you to leave Google searches behind?
This exciting course will enrich your teaching with practical ideas that you can apply in your classroom the very next day. Teachers ask thousands of questions every term in their teaching – but how many really make a difference to your pupils and re-energize your teaching.
Become your own Maths teacher with your own inspiring ideas
What other teachers have said about the course
The trainer had a lovely and approachable personality. Good ideas to apply back in the classroom.Maloriee Wagle- Bingham Academy
It was really useful - lots of ideas were given that I can use in the classroom and resources/ websites I can use.Sarah Wood - St Andrews Samakee
Full Course Content
- Truly outstanding questioning which enables effective group work
- Strategies to turn closed procedure into opening questions
- Understanding the threat and exhilaration of creative learning
- Checking we have made a difference. The realists guide!
Preaching to the converted
- Identifying maths in the environment
- Examining how deeper learning makes a difference in maths
- Tracking progression in learning
- Supporting effective learning
Laying the ground for successful learning
- Meaningful maths talk properly
- Planning mathematical reasoning and problem solving
- Taking your learning experiences deeper
The questions that make a difference
- Core questions to use in almost every maths lesson
- Active learning in maths that isn’t messing around!
- Helping children to help themselves to learn
- Using your assessment to teach at the point of learning