How to Be a Truly Outstanding Pastoral Leader
Are you looking for practical solutions to the problems faced by pastoral leaders every day?
Would you like to explore your leadership style and understand how to use it effectively?
Would you like tips on approaching difficult conversations with parents, students or parents?
Leadership, vision, support, good communication, running effective meetings, having difficult conversations and managing change for the better forms the focus of this workshop. This course concentrates on the key skills required to make a positive difference to the wellbeing of students so they can be academically successful.
Full Course Content
- To explore how to build and develop your team
- To engage with strategic decision-making strategies to get the important decisions right
- To ensure students are well supported so they can be an academic success
- To examine successful techniques to have difficult conversations with parents and teachers
- Establishing your own personal leadership style most effectively
- Making the most of your skills in strategic decision making
- Running effective pastoral meetings
- Toolkit of methods to make you more effective in your daily role
Working with People
- Building a high performing pastoral team
- Having difficult conversations with parents, students and possibly staff.
- Supporting inexperienced and ‘struggling ‘ colleagues.
- Monitoring students' progress and intervention strategies for underachieving students
The Effective Pastoral Leader
- Defining your vision and making it happen
- Monitoring, maintaining and motivating your team
- What really works in positive behaviour management
- Next steps