NQTs: The Ultimate Survival Kit
So, someone has handed you a planner, you have your timetable and you know where you are teaching - now the fun starts! This course will fill in the rest. This inspiring course will provide new teachers with a plethora of extra teaching ideas for maintaining good behaviour and successfully embedding literacy and numeracy into everyday teaching.
The course will provide teaching ideas that are quick and easy to implement but powerful in their impact. Delegates will explore the latest and most effective ICT ideas for saving valuable time so they can focus on teaching.
What other teachers have said about the course
Really great course, lots of new information to take away with me. I'm a young teacher and I've learnt a bank of knowledgeGeorgia Kent -Christ College
Excellent course, lots of useful advice for those new to the profession and a great inspiration.Ceri John - Ysgol Gyfun Penweddig
This was the most useful and practical course I have ever done in any field. I came away with activities, ideas and tips I can start using in my next class. Amazing!Siobhan Burgess - La Retraite R C Girls' School
A very useful course. A lot of practical ideas that I can take into the classroom and put into practice. It has given me many ideas that I can share with my department and hopefully…Charles Chambers -Portland Place School
Thoroughly enjoyed today. The information was very helpful and made me feel positive and excited about teaching.Rhian Curtis School - Comprehensive School
Full Course Content
- Offer a chance for delegates to share experiences and successes
- Demonstrate realistic and practical suggestions that are grounded in reality
- Provide a practical day that will leave teachers with plenty of fresh ideas
- Share invaluable timesavers and easy wins for NQTs
Session 1: The 10 Golden Rules for Improving the Effectiveness of Lessons
- Before lessons start
- During lessons
- End of lessons
- What you should and shouldn't do
Session 2: Brilliant ICT Tips that Save You Time
- Making Google work for you
- Making PowerPoint 'sexy' and going beyond 'death by PowerPoint'
- Building powerful and compelling lessons with e-resources
- Free web resources to engage and excited
Session 3: Easy Wins and Time Savers
- Reduce marking time but increase effectiveness of marking – is it possible? Yes!
- The secret to the unprepared lesson!
- Focus on what they are learning
- Building in differentiation, assessment and challenge in lessons