The Non-Tick Box Guide to Outstanding Teaching
This updated course features easy-to-apply ideas for busy teachers who want practical and proven teaching strategies guaranteed to impress any observer. Manageable, high-impact ideas that work across all key stages and ability ranges will be shown via straight-talking advice: no faddy gimmicks, no pseudoscience.
Come with an open mind and a willingness to take a fresh look at what ‘outstanding’ really means! Focus on the everyday nitty-gritty of what really works in the classroom. Be prepared to have your preconceptions shaken and rejoice at the down-to-earth common sense approach that will put you, the professional, firmly in the driving seat!
Full Course Content
- Demonstrate outstanding teaching strategies that maximise progress and impress observers
- Analyse what effective AfL really means to ensure learners are challenged in every lesson you teach
- Examine the myths around differentiation along with DfE guidance and recommendations
- Highlight current behaviour advice
- Get teachers up to date with what the inspectorate really say
SESSION 1: IT’S ALL ABOUT YOUR VISION
- Outstanding lesson beginnings
- Outstanding routines
- Outstanding habits and norms
SESSION 2: GETTING BACK TO BASICS
- Outstanding myth-busting
- Outstanding challenge for all
- Outstanding common sense!
SESSION 3: PLAYING THE OBSERVATION GAME
- Outstanding behaviour management
- Outstanding AfL and observation tips
- Outstanding next steps