iPads in the Classroom Inset
Ensuring you get the best of out of your investment in iPads is a tricky business. If you want to get to grips with iPad across the curriculum and have a real impact -whatever age range or subject you teach - learning with a true master and leading expert in pedagogy for technology, then this is the course for you.
This practical workshop for all teachers will give you the confidence to use iPads in your classroom to address all manner of different learning activities. From flipping the classroom, creative tools to engage higher order thinking skills, assessment for learning and pure mastery of the device, you’ll leave the course with a wealth of new knowledge to take back to your school. Drawing upon some of the best practice from his own experience and from around the world you will also have the opportunity to discuss your own individual needs. Most importantly, you’ll leave the day feeling confident that you will be able to use the device to make an impact in your own classroom.
By the end of the day, participants will be able to:
- Understand how iPads can impact upon learning
- Confidently use the device
- Confidently use a wide range of apps to have an impact in their classroom. Develop ideas for use in the classroom
- Access apps that can make a difference to every child in the classroom. Identify what outstanding use of iPads in the classroom looks like
- Create resources to use the next day with your iPad
Full Course Content
Participants will have the opportunity to learn new, relevant tools, discuss ideas, provide feedback, investigate ideas and resources and get hands on experience using some of the best iPad tools to enhance learning in the curriculum.
- Discuss and share own ideas relating to iPad use in the classroom
- Practise the use of a variety of apps to have an impact upon learning
- Learn about and use apps to engage higher order thinking skills
- Learn about and use apps to support AFL opportunities
- Learn about and use apps to support flipping the classroom
- Learn about how to bring all of the work completed by students and pupils in to a workflow that works for you
- Determine next steps for their use of the iPad in the classroom