Using the iPad in the Maths Classroom Inset
Do you want to know how the iPad can add value to learning even for very short periods?
Do you want to know how the teaching of mathematics can be seriously changed by the use of the iPad?
Do you want to see some of the very best of practice in the teaching of maths?
iPads have near-instant switch on and unparalleled reliability which make them feasible to add value to learning even for very short periods. The teaching of mathematics can be seriously changed by the use of the iPad, but only if you get it right. This superbly regarded course, for teachers with at least a basic grasp of using an iPad, showcases the very best of practice.
NOTE: All delegates MUST bring a fully charged iPad with them, as well as the downloaded apps specified. A list of required apps will be sent one week prior to the running of the course.
What other teachers have said about the course
Excellent course, extremely useful, very practical and easy to link to classroom practice.Katie Jenkins - Pontarddulais Comprehensive School
This was a great course - I got lots of ideas of ways to use Ipads effectively to teach MathsVicky Hawkings -Colston's School
Excellent ! The hands on approach meant it was easy to learn to do it for yourselfLance Godfrey - Rougemont School
Fantastic Day - left feeling enthusiastic and confident about using Ipads in the classroom and wanting to explore even moreAngela Sandles -Milton Junior School
Great session, with an abundance of practical resources that can be used in the class.Rhys Evans -Bishop Hedley High School
Fantastic course, great overview in the presentation for curriculum planning as well.Kelly Grimes - West Herts College
Full Course Content
This Course Aims to:
- A clear demonstration on how iPads can transform the learning of maths and make students work harder than you do!
- An explanation of the most effective apps to support maths learning
- A totally hands-on day to allow you to confidently put into practice what has been learned
- An understanding of flipped lessons and the possible future of education
- Apps that support maths concepts
- Following students’ learning journeys
- Graphs and iPads
- Simulation apps to allow experimentation
The ‘Must Have’ iPad Apps for the Maths Classroom
- Introducing the apps
- Using the apps – a practical session
- How to use them in the classroom – lesson structure
- How to keep up to date with new app developments
Session 3: Showing Progress
- Assessment tools for maths
- Peer assessment with an iPad – how this can become a reality
- High quality feedback using an iPad
- Tips for the classroom management of iPads