A Practical Guide to Spaced Learning, Dual Coding, Mastery Learning, Retrieval Practices and Interleaving
- Do you want to engage with some of the latest ideas for the classroom that have been proven to be highly effective?
- Would you like to try out some practical ideas that do not need hours of teacher preparation time, but harness the impact of these new ideas?
- Do you want to take back to your school a toolkit of best practice strategies that can be adapted to any subject and any age range?
You are sure to have an inspiring course, packed full of lesson-ready strategies for your classroom tomorrow. Recent educational research has proven these techniques to be effective. Now might be the time for you to review your current practice and see how you can adapt these new ideas into your day-to-day teaching, The focus of the course is on best practice, practical solutions rather than theory - although you will be pointed to the theory if you want to go deeper.
Full Course Content
- Gain knowledge of how to be able to introduce these concepts - based on recent educational research - into your teaching
- Offer a wide range of best practice strategies to take back to school
- Provide an opportunity to engage with these new ideas to assess their suitability and effectiveness
- Discover how to modify these ideas to fit your own subject or area of learning
Session One: Mastery Learning and Dual Coding
Using Mastery Learning to ensure it has a high impact
Powerful practical approaches to Mastery Learning
Dual Coding strategies to use tomorrow
Tips on ensuring Dual Coding delivers outstanding value added
Session Two: Retrieval Practices and Interleaving
Harnessing the power of Retrieval Practices
Lesson-ready ideas for Retrieval Practices
Positioning Interleaving in the learning cycle
Best practice methods for Interleaving
Session Three: Spaced Learning and Integration
Techniques to engage with spaced learning
Integrating these ideas into day to day teaching
Removing some of the current barriers to learning
Your next step…..how to maximise the benefits