Growth Mindsets: Real & Sustained Achievement
- Have you heard about Growth Mindset theory?
- Do you want to know why it’s one of the ‘hottest’ topics in education at the moment?
- Do you want to hear about the Top 5 teaching strategies that will embed a Growth Mindset in your pupils?
Trying to nurture a growth mindset, improve concentration together with reducing stress and anxiety in pupils is becoming an increasingly important objective for schools. The Mindfulness All-Party Parliamentary Group have recommended that all schools develop mindfulness programmes. Professor Carol Dweck has gained international acclaim with her work on Growth Mindsets. In the context of these developments, schools need more than ever before practical, realistic and workable classroom-based strategies in order to implement these ideas into everyday lessons.
- Demonstrate what a Growth Mindset is and the importance of it within a learning context
- Show how to implement the Growth Mindset principle in your classroom
- Share effective practical ideas to use in the classroom
- Inspire the students you teach through new approaches to classroom teaching
Full Course Content
Session 1: Mindfulness in the Classroom
- What does mindfulness mean?
- Bringing calm to the classroom
- Being a mindful teacher
- Strategies to take away and adapt to your school
Session 2: Having the Right Mindset
- Background to the mindset theory
- Talents and learning
- The relationship of brain and praise
- Practical applications for challenging mindsets in the classroom
Session 3: The Best Behaviours of the Thinking Mind
- Developing good habits
- Ways to integrate thinking skills
- What difference can thinking habits make?
- Practical activities to focus on key thinking habits