Early Years - Principles and Practice in Action Inset
About this course
This course will celebrate the core philosophy of Early Years. By focusing on the Characteristics of Learning we will explore the daily provision in your setting. We will explore effective continuous provision and planning and investigate how to develop the role of the adult helping to make your setting rich in purposeful talk.
- Help you review the provision of your setting against good practice
- Consider opportunities that enable learning
- Promoting independence, what can a child achieve on their own and where can your help take them?
- Asking effective questions that promote learning rather than confirming knowledge
- Sharing our thinking: structured conversation with our students and keeping the dialogue open with our colleagues
Session 1: Principles of Good EYFS Practice
EYFS right from the start – what does it all mean. Unpicking the myth surrounding good Early Years practise
Characteristics of Learning: what can it look like in my setting?
Effective planning for the characteristics of learning
Session 2: The learning environment
The key to exciting, diverse and innovative planning
Making the most of the unexpected
Unpicking pedagogy that enables the learner
The route map – what destination do you have in mind for your children?
Session 3: The role of the adult
The art of asking the right questions
Shared thinking – understanding the process and tips for making it work
The role of the adult, when to lead and when to watch
Principles into practice – having a go at maximising learning from one simple set of resources