Early Years - Principles and Practice in Action
- Help you review the provision of your setting against good practice
- Consider opportunities that enable learning
- Promoting independence, what can a child achieve on their own and where can your help take them?
- Asking effective questions that promote learning rather than confirming knowledge
- Sharing our thinking: structured conversation with our students and keeping the dialogue open with our colleagues
Session 1: Principles of Good EYFS Practice
EYFS right from the start – what does it all mean. Unpicking the myth surrounding good Early Years practise
Characteristics of Learning: what can it look like in my setting?
Effective planning for the characteristics of learning
Session 2: The learning environment
The key to exciting, diverse and innovative planning
Making the most of the unexpected
Unpicking pedagogy that enables the learner
The route map – what destination do you have in mind for your children?
Session 3: The role of the adult
The art of asking the right questions
Shared thinking – understanding the process and tips for making it work
The role of the adult, when to lead and when to watch
Principles into practice – having a go at maximising learning from one simple set of resources