Implementing the Donaldson Report in the Classroom
Professor Donaldson’s recommendations call for radical changes that might seem daunting to a teacher population having to cope with constant change, but they also provide teachers with the opportunity to build a new curriculum for Wales which is fit for the 21st Century and beyond.
Some of the more daunting implications include:
End of Levels
End of Key Stages
Introduction of Progression Steps
This course is designed to assist busy teachers and give them the opportunity to consider what it all really means to them in terms of day-to-day teaching in real classrooms.
The course is designed to offer suggestions and solutions around the things an individual subject teacher can control. So if you are interested in having the opportunity to consider not only the implications of the report, but more importantly what it might mean for your lessons, then this is the course for you!
What other teachers have said about the course
Excellent course, opportunity to ask questions and discuss. Valuable ideas for the classroom, curriculum and planning.Graziella Fiorillo - St John Lloyd RC School
Really informative, full of ideas and calming!Anna James - St John Lloyd RC School
Brilliant! The Donaldson report outlined clearly and realistically. A clear insight to what is ahead of us.Rachel Reed - Cefn Saeson Comprehensive School
Great opportunity to identify the key features of the report and how to translate this into straightforward planning, leading to effective delivery and successful futures. Sharing ideas with…Catrin Griffith Jones - Ysgol Bro Dinefwr
Excellent course, very clear, informative, simple and professionally delivered.Matthew Pritchard- Landsker Education
Great opportunity to discuss possible impacts of Donaldson. Very practical and thought provoking and very relevant.Sarah Morgan - West Park Primary
Full Course Content
This Course Aims to:
- Help you familiarise yourself with the new language and terminology of the report
- Focus on the main priorities from the report: Four Key Purposes, pedagogy and assessment
- Demonstrate what lessons look like that embed the Cross Curriculum Responsibilities
- Offer suggestions about what Achievement Outcomes might look like
Session 1: Four Key Purposes
- What are they and how they can be achieved?
- What they look like in the real classroom by getting straight to best practice
- Examples and strategies that can be taken away and used immediately
Session 2: Pedagogy
- Everyday lessons and blended learning - what this means in practice
- Embedding all the requirements in a proper meaningful way.
- Examples and strategies of blended learning made explicitly clear.
Session 3: Achievement Outcomes
- What to assess and how to assess it.
- Principles underpinning the new assessment ideas.
- E-portfolios and recording Achievement Outcomes. Get it right to start with and save yourself a lot of heartache