Create & Inspire: the Child-Centred Early Years Curriculum
This course is for Early Years practitioners who want to develop their passion for child-centered learning where children will thrive and make progress. If you firmly believe that early education should hold inquiry, exploration and hands-on experiences at its heart this is for you. Is your vision for your setting that your pupils should be confident and self-motivated who will be ready to access the next stage of their learning? Join us to explore the delicate balance between child initiated and adult lead learning.
- Understanding creativity
- Develop the imagination of young learners
- Promoting independence
- Develop classroom roleplay
- Clarifying the role of the adult - play leaders or learning leaders?
Full Course Content
What is Creativity in the Early Years?
- Creativity and fun
- Exploring when play becomes learning
- Can we plan for creativity?
Creativity versus progress? Making sure our pupils learn
- Imagination and role play
- Planning that maximises imagination
- Roleplay: more than dressing up but seeing the world from a different perspective
- Keeping it open – learning opportunities that don’t end with a fizzle
Finding the balance – structure versus child freedom of expression
- The route map – what destination do you have in mind for your children?
- The role of the adult, when to lead and when to watch
- Making a difference to tomorrow – a commitment to try something new