Bringing the Curriculum to Life through Creative Educational Dance in KS2 Inset
- Do you need help with ideas to deliver exciting and engaging creative educational dance lessons in Key Stage 2?
- Do you need practical ideas for progression and raising attainment?
- Would you like to know how to effectively differentiate creative tasks for pupils?
- Would you like to know the secret formula for delivering fun creative and cross-curricular dance lessons the stress-free way?
If your answer was yes to any of the above, then this CPD training course is for you.
Use your PE & Sports Premium funding to give your staff access to this CPD course:
‘provide staff with professional development……training and resources to help teach PE and sports more effectively’ 1
Full Course Content
- Inspire and ignite excitement and enthusiasm in all delegates to deliver high-quality dance lessons back in their own school settings.
- Increase knowledge and understanding of dance terminology for KS2 Dance
- Receive a plethora of ideas to use as a stimulus to plan both stand-alone and cross-curricular linked lessons.
Session 1: Year 3 & 4 Themes: A Journey Through the Rain Forest & The World of Sport
- Creating Actions that represent meaning – Dance Motif
- Differentiation in Dance – using the traffic light system
- Ideas for engaging boys in dance.
Session 2: Year 5: The History of Street & Break Dance – Cultural Dance
Learn the basic steps of the following dance styles and learn about their history and origins.
- Lindy Hop
- Street & Break Dance
Session 3: Year 6: The Language of Dance
- The Language of Dance: What, How, Where & Whom
- Developing a dance sentence - motif
- Creating a dance scheme of work based on an abstract theme
- Ideas for choreographing a whole dance piece as part of scheme of work, a class assembly or dance festival.