The Ultimate Understanding of Mental and Emotional Health in Schools
- Do you value the emotional wellbeing of your students and staff so that the best possible standards of teaching and learning can be achieved?
- Are you concerned about the welfare, stress and anxiety placed on students during examination time?
- Do you want to have the knowledge, skills and strategies necessary to support and address mental and emotional health in your school?
The Ultimate Understanding of Mental and Emotional Health in Schools is a course that has been designed to prepare you to meet the challenges and needs of those who are desperate for your help. You will begin to recognise the warning signs of depression, anxiety, stress, eating disorders, self-harm and suicide that may have previously not been noticed. We will give you practical strategies that you can use and share in your schools and we will make sure you are ready to support not just the children you teach, but your colleagues and yourself.
What other teachers have said about the course
Excellent training specific to the needs of all of the individuals. Really informative, provoking lots of thought and ideas for my current and future practice.Liam Woods - Abbey College
Exceptionally knowledgeable, approachable, friendly trainer - lots of good strategiesLisa Erricker - Portsmouth Grammar School
During my time working in education I have been on many CPD courses, this has been the best, most informative and relevant. The trainers knowledge but above all passion for her subject area…Lisa Norton-Cardiff Sixth Form College
EXCELLENT day! Lots of information. Loads of information I can apply straight away. My pupils will benefit fro Nina's knowledge. Thank youLynda Carden -Ysgol Bro Dinefwr
Excellent very helpful and informative. Great individual help and advice. Additional tech support much appreciated too! Thank youNicole Killen - Corpus Christi High School
Nina was fantastic - not just because she has been through so much but because of her sympathy, her dedication and her urgent need to help.Susan Hayes - Eaton Square School
Very powerful presentation and content of the issues affecting young people in emotional lives.Chris Bass-Haberdashers' Aske's Boys' School
Full Course Content
This Course Aims to:
- Increased knowledge and understanding of mental and emotional health issues including spotting the signs of any emotional changes in pupils.
- Clear advice and support in what to do, how to do it and when to put strategies in place to support those in need.
- Support in moving your schools towards being open and honest about mental and emotional health
- Help, support, guidance, in providing you with appropriate materials to use the very next day.
- Make you a powerful individual that can help others in time of need - with empathy, sympathy and a strong sense of personal wellbeing.
What are mental and emotional health issues?
- What are we currently faced with in our schools - the mental and emotional health issues.
- Do you know yourself?
- Understanding the impact of stress and anxiety in schools - what to do?
- Depression, anxiety, stress and self-harm - how to help, what to do?
Mental and emotional health - the impact on learning
- There isn't a plaster for that!
- Help at hand - time to talk
- Stand together - developing a unique and open dialogue in schools
- Making everyone safe, healthy and happy with the Worry Eaters
Taboo no more - Time to Talk
- Next steps - back to school, share and stand together
- Time to Talk to staff, pupils and parents
- Listeners & Whisperers - making it work in your school
- All the lovely people crying - won't you stand up?