Teacher Tech Top-Up
Have you ever felt that you are being asked to use IT just for the sake of it?
Have you ever attended IT training sessions which went far too fast and where you soon lost the thread?
Was time built in to allow for practice and were questions welcomed - or were you maybe left you too nervous to ask them in the first place?
This course will squarely redress that imbalance. It is aimed at what I believe to be the silent majority: those teachers who would happily engage with IT, if only it were explained simply, saved time, and was applied when appropriate. Oh, and questions are very much encouraged, and plenty of time will be allocated to hands-on practice.
Delegates must bring EITHER an iPad (android devices also fine) OR a laptop.
Bringing both would be a bonus, but not essential.
Please try to ensure that your devices are fully charged - there may be opportunities to recharge, but we cannot guarantee this.
What other teachers have said about the course
Fantastic course that has given me loads of ideas to take back to schoolGeorgina Clifford-Smith - New Hall School
Great course and great materials given!Monica Alvanado -ACS International School
A very useful course with some excellent resources! Met the brief perfectly - would defiantly recommend to any colleagues who were lacking confidence of experience in using IT.Sean Williams -King's School Gloucester
Excellent throughout, Peter was friendly, supporting, patient and has given us lots of ideas and resources to take back to our own classroom.Thane Waburg -Shrewsbury School
Full Course Content
This Course Aims to:
- Re-enthuse teachers who have possibly become sceptical about IT
- Identify the best features associated with tablets, laptops, IWBs and Web Tools
- Share and maybe even enjoy best IT practices in a relaxed, hands-on fashion
- Differentiate between what is eye-catching and what is practical and achievable
'Agnostic' IT - essential stuff that works on any device.
- Tools for Independent Learning
- Class testing, recording results
- Wicked Websites!
- Troubleshooting - keeping pupils on task and off the cuff videos.
A little bit of everything
- Exploiting video
- Efficient recording and sharing
- Putting the onus on the pupils - you do the directing, they do the work...
- When less is more - some simple but highly effective apps
IWB - the forgotten resource
- When and when not to be using it
- Starters and plenaries, including a foolproof, near zero-prep starter!
- Re-injecting the interactivity
- Built-in resources plus our templates and ready-made activities