Spoon Feed No More - Improving Classroom Performance
Do you feel that your classroom is often a place where pupils come to watch you work?
Do you feel that too many of your pupils take the easy way out and always demand your help?
Do you want a return to an emphasis an learning rather than teaching
If you are looking for buzz words, jargon and excuses for underachievement, please move on. If you are looking for a truly inspirational course that's been proven to deliver, look no further. This course represents our philosophy of ‘hands on’ learning where the pupils work harder than the teacher.
What other teachers have said about the course
An excellent course with lots of practical strategies that can be used straight away in the classroom.Amy Dickinson - The Belvedere Academy (GDST)
Very informative and helpful, lots of different tasks to model how to increase independent learning.Jane Watson Thornhill Community College
An excellent and very relevant course with an inspiring and knowledgeable trainer. Very worthwhile and strategies that can be implemented immediately on return to school.Nicola Thomas - Crickhowell High School
Lively, hands on approach with practical activities shared with us that could directly be applied to the classroom. Lots of discussion points and ideas raised to help us extend and improve…Rachel Shang - The Peterborough School
Excellent course- extremely well delivered. All in all one of the best courses I've been on.Sion Jones - Ysgol Syr Hugh Owen
Built up some excellent knowledge and strategies to engage children and make sure that they are the ones doing the work. Inspired to teach to the best of my ability and improve my teaching.Luke Hipwell-The Deepings School
Very practical examples that can be transferred easily to the classroom.Lea Knight - John Cabot Academy
Full Course Content
This Course Aims to:
- A cutting-edge synthesis of what works and what doesn't in real classrooms
- Dozens of teaching strategies that really work
- Effective planning, the need for academic rigour and creating Language Rich Classrooms
- An understanding of what ‘adaptive teaching' really looks like
Laying the Foundations Correctly
- Planning the journey the pupils take
- The acquisition of skills and content
- Adding depth of knowledge through constant reinforcement.
- Creating a climate for learning: what pupils really want from their teacher
Outstanding Teaching and Learning
- Raising the bar whilst leaving no-one behind
- The very best practice in AFL
- Getting the very best exam results
- • Close the photocopier and stop ticking the boxes.
Moving on from the Basics
- Getting them through the syllabus or SOW
- Creating effective deep learning and understanding
- Effective questioning
- Teaching with flair not ticking the boxes