No Passengers Permitted: Bring an end to passive learning Inset
Would you like to create a dynamic, active learning environment where all students are both engaged and extended?
Do you want to develop resilient students who work equally well independently or collaboratively?
Has an inspection team ever commented that the teachers, rather than your students, are doing most of the work in lessons?
The lessons that have that ‘X factor’ are ones in which the students are not passive classroom passengers but are active learners, motivated to work independently or collaboratively and extend themselves as far as they can. This course shows you how this can be achieved.
Full Course Content
This Course Aims to:
- Systems to prevent your students from becoming passengers in lessons.
- Lessons where the students work a lot harder than they have done before!
- Practical, down-to-earth advice, tips and teaching techniques that have been proven to work.
- A clear demonstration of how buzz words, jargon and excuses for underachievement, hinder rather than help the profession
- 'Setting up’ a lesson – rules, routines and rituals that really work.
- New ideas for old favourites – lets not reinvent the wheel
- Making it stick – with proof! – global evidence actually utilised
- On-going revision and constant reinforcement
Fully Engaged: A Practical Guide
- Student-set success criteria that are explicit but not restrictive
- Creating a climate for learning: what can we do to help and what we shouldn’t
- No passengers allowed
- The best questioning techniques….ever
Tips, Tricks and Techniques
- The fail-safe lesson template that really works
- Enriching your curriculum with flair, creativity and yes…content.
- The very best practice in AfL
- Creating effective learning habits that learners can keep for the rest of their lives.