Behaviour Management Masterclass
What are the approaches to behaviour management that really work?
Why are checklists critical to effective behaviour management within an individual classroom?
What practices should be avoided?
This innovative course contains straight-talking, myth-busting, back-to-basics, step-by-step common sense from start to finish. It is a no-holds-barred look at why lessons go wrong and what we can do about it today. Expect an honest appraisal of the strategies that hold us back and an easy-to-apply antidote to the jargon that we all know just doesn’t work! Practical with a capital P and brimming with pragmatism - the definitive disciplined approach is for every teacher who loves their subject and wants to teach free from disruption.
What other teachers have said about the course
Very knowledgeable trainer and excellent strategies that I will be able to implement into classAmy Seaward - St Silas CE Primary School
Excellent course! Exactly what I was looking for! Helpful and very informative.Rhian Wyn Jones -Ysgol Henry Richard
A great course, I have come away with confidence and skills!Rebecca Rees -Ysgol Bae Baglan
Very well prepared, presented in an engaging way with a mix of theory and practical tips.Rachel Pottage -St Nicholas CE Primary School
Great trainer - very engaging, as an NQT I found the content very useful.Katherine Turnbull - St Francis Xavier College
Fantastic course. Outlined some good strategies which will be able to be implemented in our school. Brilliant trainer, interesting, to the point and covered a lot of content.Charlotte Roach - Sir Thomas Picton School
Steve was warm, funny, super engaging and very informative. A very worthwhile and interesting course.Reuel Thompson - Beechwood Park School
A well delivered course. The instructor was friendly and engaging and his suggestions were practical and realistic.Ann-Marie McIntyre - New Hall School
Full Course Content
This Course Aims to:
- Rebuild teacher confidence and show you how to start afresh with difficult classes
- Analyse where and why lessons go wrong and pre-empt problems before they start
- Deal with the ‘problem’ class and the ‘problem’ individuals effectively and consistently
- Ensure sanctions are manageable and have the desired impact every time
Why Routines Matter
- The things you’ve been told to do that DON’T work
- The things you’ve been told NOT to do that actually DO work
- The mistakes to avoid and the advice to ignore
- The habits to develop in light of the disciplined approach
C.A.S.H in the Classroom
- Being clear about your expectations every lesson
- Being assertive around school every day
- Being systematic in everything you teach without fail
- Being human but never a pushover! Relationships count
But I’ve Been Told...
- Dubious teaching methods to avoid
- What inspectors actually say about effective teaching
- Why good discipline and behaviour is the foundation for good learning
- Your next steps in mastering behaviour management – putting the disciplined approach into practice